At a Glance : Getting Credit
2020 Ranking: 181
2019 Distance to Frontier Score*: 10.00 (unchanged from DB2019)
Regional Average (East Asia Pacific): 58.00
More information on Myanmar’s performance in Getting Credit - Click Here
* The distance to frontier (DTF) measure shows the distance of each economy to the “fron-tier,” which represents the best performance observed on each of the indicators across all economies in the Doing Business sample since 2005. An economy’s distance to frontier is reflected on a scale from 0 to 100, where 0 represents the lowest performance and 100 rep-resents the frontier. The ease of doing business ranking ranges from 1 to 190. (Source; World Bank)
- The legal rights of borrowers and lenders with respect to secured transactions, specifically whether certain features that facilitate lending exist within the applicable collateral and bankruptcy laws.
- The reporting of credit information, specifically the coverage, scope and accessibility of credit infor-mation available through credit reporting service providers such as credit bureaus or credit regis-tries.
Why does it matter?
- Reduced information asymmetries.
- Greater access to credit for small firms.
- Better borrower discipline.
- Support for bank supervision and credit risk monitoring.